Fall is quickly replacing Summer as the most popular wedding season. It’s not hard to see why – the colors, the light, the food. These are some of the reasons we love hosting Fall Weddings at Vida Buena Farm. Here are 5 helpful hints to ensure your fall wedding is absolutely fabulous!
1. Consider your colors: Fall opens up a whole new color palette. Say bye-bye to the pastels of Spring and Summer, and hello to rich jewel tones of Fall. We’re not talking about brown and orange anymore. Think rich purples, burgundy, gold. Here are some ideas to get you started.
2. Make it picture perfect: The light in the Fall makes for fantastic photography. Consider the timing of the ceremony and when you will take group shots of the bridal party (without the bride and groom). The optimal time for taking the Bride/Groom shots just before the sun starts to set – “the golden hour” as they say. Make sure you hit this window and you will be rewarded with breathtaking images of your special day. Also remember to scout the location and have an idea of where you want certain pictures to be taken. Have this list ready for your photographer and you’ll be sure not to miss that must-have photo with your favorite auntie!
3. Be prepared for weather: Fall can be a finicky season and temperatures often change quickly, especially as the sun sets. Plan ahead and suggest that guests bring a coat for later in the evening. For outside weddings, make your guests comfortable and cozy with portable space heaters, wraps or blankets. If rain is possible, grab a collection of umbrellas to make sure your guests can get to/from their cars without getting soaked.
4. Think beyond the traditional menu: Fall offers up a feast of menu options beyond the standard salmon and chicken dinner. Figs, apples and creamy cheeses make a great starter paired with warm apple cider (brandy optional). A salad of mixed greens with cranberries, almonds and a warm vinaigrette or a butternut squash soup is a great first course. Roast pork is a popular alternative to more traditional main courses and can be paired with roasted root vegetables, apple compote or roasted rosemary potatoes. Why not finish things off with a fabulous carrot cake? Or go for something less traditional like individual apple pie turnovers, or fruit tarts. The options are endless…and delicious!
5. Consider the venue: When planning a Fall wedding, the venue can make all the difference. Having both and inside and outside option is definitely an advantage. Make sure to talk through both scenarios with the venue staff. How does it affect your decor? Table arrangements? Accessibility? How quickly can they adjust if the weather becomes a problem? To get the best of both worlds, consider having the ceremony outside in the afternoon, followed by the reception inside.
Whichever options you choose, Vida Buena Farm is a perfect backdrop for your Fall Wedding.