Thank you for considering Vida Buena Farm for your wedding or special event.
The following are the policies regarding use of Vida Buena Farm.
- Access to the venue is from noon Friday through noon Sunday.
- A deposit of 50% of the venue fee is due at the time of booking. The final payment of the venue fee is due 2 weeks prior to the event.
- The maximum number of guests is 100 for Trellises and 120 in the Barn, unless agreed to in writing.
- A refundable damage deposit of $250 is required two weeks prior to the event, to be returned after clean up is complete and the venue has been inspected for any damage caused by the event.
- Vida Buena Farm cannot be held responsible for the loss of, or damage to, any articles and vehicles brought on to the property prior to, during or following the event.
- Use of our venue includes the meadow and oak tree, patio, trellises, corral and parking areas, portable restrooms, beverage bar and 3 handmade wooden tables (cake, gifts and guest book)
- Vida Buena Farm is providing the outdoor space and Barn only, as is. It is the responsibility of the Client to provide all décor, to setup and cleanup after the event. The house is private property and is not available for use in any way.
- A Certificate of Liability Insurance naming Rick and Laura Lowell, Vida Buena Farm as co-insured must be provided no less than two weeks prior to the event. (wedsafe.com is a provider)
- According to the Calaveras Country noise ordinance, all amplified music must stop by 10:00 pm.
- All guests and Vendors must leave the Venue by 10:00 pm on the date of the event. Clean-up must be complete by noon on Sunday.
- No fireworks are permitted under California law. Sparklers, and use of the fire pit are negotiable and must be approved in writing by Vida Buena Farm before the event.
- Smoking is permitted in designated areas only.
- An adult must supervise children at all times.
- No one under 21 is to consume alcohol on Vida Buena Farm property.
- Nothing synthetic may be thrown or used outside (for example, plastic flower petals, silly string, water beads). Please throw birdseed or wildflower seeds instead of rice, as it makes the birds sick.
- The driveway is shared property and we ask that all guests and drive 10 mph.
- We reserve the right to be on the property during the event.
- The Client may cancel the event 30 days or more prior to the event date and receive a refund of the deposit. If the event is cancelled within 30 days of the event, Vida Buena Farm will retain the deposit.
All terms are subject to change.